Tom provides expertise in preparedness, response, recovery, and collaborative operations regardless of a threat or critical incident’s cause, origin or location.
Tom started his FBI career in 1988, serving 26 ½ years in a variety of investigative, training, supervisory and leadership positions culminating as the unit chief of the FBI’s Crisis Management Unit at Quantico, Virginia. Prior to becoming an FBI Special Agent, Tom served as a police officer and state narcotics agent for 10 years.
Tom has assisted educational, financial, healthcare, professional sports and a national retailer in developing agile and resilient preparedness, response and recovery capabilities. Tom knows organizations face diverse and evolving threats as they prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies and crises. Based on an assessment of an organization’s roles, responsibilities and capabilities, Tom helps them build policies, plans and procedures through the application of best practices, training, and strong collaborative relationships with external partners. A major focus of his efforts is on the role of senior leadership and public messaging in a crisis.
During his nine years in the FBI’s Crisis Management Unit, Tom represented the FBI on numerous federal executive steering committees led by the White House Homeland Security Council on national preparedness plans and national and international exercises.
International exercise partners included Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. He has delivered training to U.S. law enforcement, military and emergency management agencies. He has delivered training to international partners from the Baltic States, Croatia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Hungary, Jordan and Moldova. He led planning and response to numerous high profile criminal investigations, including serial killers, child abductions, active shooters, and terrorist attacks; Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy and major special events and National Special Security Events (NSSEs).
While an FBI field agent, Tom investigated drug trafficking organizations and American La Cosa Nostra (LCN) syndicates. Tom was promoted and transferred to the FBI Academy as a supervisory special agent instructor in the Firearms Training Unit. While an FBI Special Agent, he was a certified police instructor, firearms instructor, tactical instructor, SWAT operator, sports presentation outreach coordinator to collegiate and professional sports teams, undercover agent and crisis management coordinator.
He holds a BS in Criminal Justice from York College of Pennsylvania and a Master of Public Administration with a concentration in National Security matters from Troy University.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Mollie SaltskogSenior Intelligence Analyst
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Boutros AssafTraining & Operations Assistant, Translator
- Hala HoukayemExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Pascal NasarExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator