Marty Reardon is Senior Training Consultant. He was The Soufan Group’s training, and programs Director for government and private sector clients at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies.
He is a 21-year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with extensive experience in the operational management of complex criminal, intelligence, and counterterrorism operations.
Prior to joining The Soufan Group, Marty served as chief of the FBI’s 24/7 Terrorist Screening Operations Center, an interagency clearinghouse for individuals on the U.S. Terrorist Watchlist. In that role he worked closely with U.S. intelligence and law enforcement communities and international partners to identify and keep track of known and suspected terrorists.
He began his FBI career in 1991 and worked on high-profile violent crime investigations, leading a nationwide manhunt for and the subsequent capture of Rickey Allen Bright for the kidnapping and rape of a nine-year-old girl. He directed a multi-agency homicide investigation resulting in the arrest and conviction of James Finley for the brutal murder of two campers in North Carolina’s Pisgah National Forest. He also supervised an Organized Crime/Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) that led the Charlotte Division in arrests, indictments, seizures, and convictions. Marty is an experienced tactical operator, having spent eleven years as a sniper team leader, tracker, and rappel master, and he is a certified crime scene specialist and police instructor.
Following the 9/11 attacks, he carried out counterterrorism assignments in Pakistan, Jordan, and elsewhere. As Assistant Legal Attaché in Riyadh, he led extraterritorial efforts in high-profile counterterrorism investigations, most notably into the al-Qaeda attacks in Al Khobar and on the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah. He oversaw the arrest and extradition of an al-Qaeda operative who was subsequently prosecuted in the United States for conspiring to assassinate President George W. Bush. As the FBI’s first Legal Attaché in Doha, he oversaw counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and criminal investigations.
He has been a featured speaker at international conferences and has appeared on CNN, Fox News, NPR, the BBC, Sky News, ABC News Australia, Al Jazeera English, and TRT World. He has been cited in Newsweek, U.S News & World Report, Bloomberg, and Politico and by Reuters and Voice of America.
Marty served as a Marine Corps field artillery officer for twelve years. He received a BA in Political Science from the Citadel and an MA in National Security and Strategic Studies from the U.S. Naval War College.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Christopher O’LearySenior Vice President - Global Operations
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Jillian KeschnerAnalyst
- Joseph ShelziAnalyst
- Patricia O’SheaExecutive Assistant and Office Manager
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Didier Bouakaze-KhanSenior Antiquities and Cultural Heritage Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Audra DeWaltPublic Corruption Consultant
- Stephanie FoggettResearch Consultant
- Martin ReardonSenior Training Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Michael SucciInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Melissa ThomasBehavioral Analysis Consultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Brian A. AntolIntelligence Instructor
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator