Dave Shellenberger is the Director of Special Operations and Tactics where he applies his expertise from three decades of experience in law enforcement and security to TSG’s special project missions.
Prior to joining TSG, Dave spent five years working as the VP of law enforcement and national security at an established government contracting and security training firm. In this capacity, Dave created and built a division that provided security and tactical training to thousands of federal, state, and local law enforcement and government professionals.
Prior to his time working in the private sector, Dave served for 27 years with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and rose to the executive level rank of the Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) within the Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG). In his role as Unit Chief at CIRG, Dave lead tactical crisis response teams in deployments throughout Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East and has personally overseen multiple successful Counterterrorism missions, manhunts and kidnap victim recovery operations.
During his time at the FBI, Dave also served as the lead security and crisis response planner for multiple National Security Special Events, including the Super Bowl, presidential inaugurations, and several political party conventions.
Dave is a certified FBI Firearms Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor, Crisis Hostage Negotiator, Evasive Driving Instructor, and Tactical Instructor. Dave is also an FBI Academy adjunct faculty member and has over 25 years of experience training and instructing FBI personnel and other law enforcement professionals.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Carlos T. FernandezChief Operating Officer
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Policy and Research
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Mollie SaltskogSenior Intelligence Analyst
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor