Mohamed El Shawesh is the Director of Digital Media at The Soufan Group.
His areas of expertise include website design and management, graphic design, social media management, and video production. He also lends his expertise to the work of The Soufan Center and the Global Security Forum.
Before joining The Soufan Group, Mohamed developed over a decade’s worth of work experience in media management and television production through his previous roles as a co-producer and journalist. He has lived and worked in North America and the Middle East.
Mohamed was awarded an MBA in Media Management by the Metropolitan College of New York. He was awarded a B.A. in Accounting from Tripoli University. He is a Fulbright scholar and he was inducted into Delta Mu Delta, an international honor society recognizing academic excellence in business. He speaks fluent Arabic and English.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Policy and Research
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Mollie SaltskogSenior Intelligence Analyst
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor