Max Rose is the Vice Chairman of The Soufan Group. Prior to joining TSG, he represented New York’s 11th Congressional District from 2019-2020 following years of military service.
Max Rose is the Vice Chairman of The Soufan Group, a global intelligence and security consultancy, and Chairman and CEO of Pontis Partners, a strategic advisory firm for private companies and nonprofits. A former Congressman from New York’s 11th District, Max proudly represented Staten Island and South Brooklyn in the United States House of Representatives from 2019-2020. Max was commissioned in the United States Army in 2010 as an Infantry Officer and still serves in the U.S. Army Reserve as a Major.
As the Chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee on Intelligence and Counterterrorism and leading member of the Sub-Committee on Emergency Preparedness and Recovery, Max was a legislative leader on matters ranging from national security to healthcare resiliency. Max Rose also served as the Senior Advisor on COVID to the Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, responsible for coordinating the Pentagon’s internal COVID response as well as its support to the national and global effort.
For his work, he received the Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service, the second highest award presented by the Secretary of Defense.
Prior to his election to Congress, Max served as a decorated Army Infantry Officer, deploying to Afghanistan as a platoon leader and receiving a Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his service. After returning from combat, Max worked as a Special Advisor to the Brooklyn District Attorney and as the Chief of Staff to Brightpoint Health (now a member of Sun River Health).
Max graduated from Wesleyan University with a bachelor’s degree in history and earned a Master of Social Science from the London School of Economics. His Decorations include the Ranger tab, the Combat Infantryman Badge, a Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Patricia O’SheaExecutive Assistant and Office Manager
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Michael SucciInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Melissa ThomasBehavioral Analysis Consultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator