Stephanie Foggett is Director of Global Communications at The Soufan Group. She leads on strengthening engagement with media and strategic partners on matters relating to international security, counterterrorism and geopolitics.
Her areas of expertise include: global terrorism and counterterrorism; terrorism and extremism online and in the information space; Islamic State (ISIS) foreign fighters and families; the rise of white supremacy extremism; and emergent security challenges. She previously worked at The Soufan Center, where she continues to serve as a Resident Fellow.
From 2012 to 2015, she worked in the Emerging Security Challenges Division at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. Her work focused on multi-lateral security cooperation and policy development on emergent threats and challenges, in particular international terrorism. She also worked in support of the United Nations Women, Peace & Security agenda as a senior researcher on a NATO-supported project on gender integration in armed forces and has worked on other areas of gender and conflict.
She has spoken at various regional and international conferences and events, including the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF), the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS/DAESH, and NATO’s Centre of Excellence – Defence Against Terrorism (COE-DAT).
She has additional experience in academic research, political risk consultancy, domestic politics, and work specializing in public affairs, public diplomacy, and strategic communications. She was awarded a Master of Arts (Honours) in International Relations from the University of St Andrews in the United Kingdom. During her undergraduate studies at St Andrews, she also served as a researcher with the Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV). She was awarded a Master of Arts in Intelligence & International Security from the Department of War Studies at King’s College London (KCL).
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Mollie SaltskogSenior Intelligence Analyst
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Boutros AssafTraining & Operations Assistant, Translator
- Hala HoukayemExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Pascal NasarExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator