Audra DeWalt serves as a Public Corruption Consultant at The Soufan Group, building on extensive experience in law enforcement, intelligence management, and human intelligence collection.
Audra DeWalt started her FBI career in 1998, serving 22 years as a Special Agent. She started her career in the El Paso Division, actively investigating violent crimes. In 2003, she was transferred to El Centro Resident Agency, San Diego Division, where she investigated money laundering and public corruption in cross-border narcotics investigations as an embedded agent with the Drug Enforcement Agency. In 2004, Audra was named Acting Supervisory Senior Resident Agent of the El Centro FBI Resident Agency. In this capacity, Audra’s responsibility included investigations on counterterrorism, criminal enterprises, and weapon of mass destruction. While in that role, Audra established the Imperial County Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Imperial County Border Corruption Task Force.
In 2005, Audra was promoted to Supervisory Special Agent at FBI Headquarters, where she provided program oversight, support, and training to the 56 FBI field offices for the Public Corruption National Program. She also managed the Public Corruption International Training program, which provided training to police agencies worldwide. In 2007, Audra became Supervisory Senior Resident Agent of the Lexington and Frankfort, Kentucky Resident Agencies. In that role, Audra supervised 32 Special Agents, professional staff, and Task Force Officers and was responsible for overseeing all counterterrorism, criminal, cyber, and weapons of mass destruction investigations within 28 counties in Eastern Kentucky.
She also managed the Public Corruption and Organized Crime Programs for the FBI Louisville Division. She established the Eastern Kentucky Joint Terrorism Task Force, the Eastern Kentucky Crimes Against Children Task Force, and the Lexington Violent Crimes & Gang Task Force.
In 2011, Audra was promoted to Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge of the Detroit Division, where she was the Executive Manager in charge of the Detroit Division’s Intelligence Branch. Audra returned to her role as a Special Agent prior to retiring from the FBI and was assigned to the Human Intelligence collection (HUMINT) squad, where her responsibilities included spotting, assessing, recruiting, and operating Confidential Human Sources for complex Counterintelligence and Cyber investigations.
Prior to joining the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Audra practiced law at a private law firm in Minneapolis, MN. She holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Minnesota and a Juris Doctorate from William Mitchell College of Law.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Christopher O’LearySenior Vice President - Global Operations
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Jillian KeschnerAnalyst
- Joseph ShelziAnalyst
- Patricia O’SheaExecutive Assistant and Office Manager
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Didier Bouakaze-KhanSenior Antiquities and Cultural Heritage Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Audra DeWaltPublic Corruption Consultant
- Martin ReardonSenior Training Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Michael SucciInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Melissa ThomasBehavioral Analysis Consultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Brian A. AntolIntelligence Instructor
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator