Michael Succi serves as an Infrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant at The Soufan Group, building on extensive experience with the United States Secret Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Infrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
From 1999 to 2022, Michael Succi served as a special agent with the United States Secret Service. He conducted investigations of counterfeit currency, credit card fraud, identity theft, credit card skimming, and various other white-collar crimes. He has testified in federal grand jury, participated in federal and state trials, applied for, received and executed search, arrest and seizure warrants.
He was a member of the Presidential Protective Division at the White House under the Bush and Obama Administrations. He conducted protection advances and White House Access Control for the presidential detail and White House complex. During this time, he conducted numerous risk assessments, foreign and domestic advances to including large stadiums and private events. He was the site agent for airports, major events and summits as well as smaller events, such as embassy meetings and presidential dinners.
As an advance special agent, he created and enforced the security plan, which included providing a perimeter and interior layer of security for fixed and roving posts, motion and heat sensors, radiation sensors, searches for planted bugs and recording devices, plans for egress and evacuation, crowd control, public/VIP and media access, fire and public safety plans, camera installations and limiting access to other cyber related systems, including water, heating, HVAC and power. These security plans also included presidential buffers, arrival and departure areas, plans and responses for chemical and biological weapons, plans for protestors and fence jumpers and security from aircraft and drones.
His other roles have included serving as a member of the Electronic Crimes Task Force and Digital Forensics where he conducted cyber investigations and digital forensic examinations for federal, state, and local investigations. From 1995-1999, he served with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as a member of the Special Surveillance Group. He assisted in investigations involving espionage, domestic and international terrorism.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Max RoseVice Chairman
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Research
- Elijah FergusonDirector of Support Services
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Patricia O’SheaExecutive Assistant and Office Manager
- Nathan SalesSenior Advisor
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor
- Kenneth KatzmanSenior Advisor
- Thomas AlbrightCrisis Management & Preparedness Consultant
- Thomas O’ConnorSenior Consultant
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Michael SucciInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Melissa ThomasBehavioral Analysis Consultant
- Jason WarrenInfrastructure and Personnel Protection Consultant
- Amjed KuriLaw Enforcement Instructor
- Eugene CaseyInstructor
- William CorbettInstructor
- Rita AbboudExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Rita El KhouryExpert Interpreter & Translator
- Cosette N. SalibaExpert Interpreter & Translator