Alex Schulz is an Analyst at The Soufan Group. He supports the firm’s special projects around the world by providing research and analysis on issues related to national security, conflict analysis, geopolitics, and counterterrorism.
His areas of expertise include counterterrorism, Middle East geopolitics, non-state armed groups, disinformation, and emergent threats.
Prior to joining The Soufan Group, Alex spent several years working for a public affairs firm. In this role, he provided risk monitoring, crisis management, and strategic advisory services to clients in the technology and defense sectors.
Alex attended Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) and was awarded a Master of International Affairs degree with a concentration in International Security Policy and specializations in the Middle East and International Conflict Resolution.
During his studies at SIPA, Alex conducted in-depth research on wide array of international security topics, including U.S. and foreign intelligence, nuclear proliferation, Russian security policy, Iranian proxy groups, the formation of ISIS, analysis of conflicts in Africa, and the use of private military companies in conflicts. Alex conducted his undergraduate studies at Dartmouth College, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree and majored in history with a focus on international relations.
Our Leadership Team
- Ali SoufanChairman & CEO
- Martin ReardonSenior Vice President
- Susan SimVice President - Asia
- Andre KhouryVice President - Strategic Partnerships
- Ammar BarghoutyDirector of Cyber Consulting & Cyber Training
- Colin P. ClarkeDirector of Policy and Research
- Stephanie FoggettDirector of Global Communications
- Mohamed El ShaweshDirector of Digital Media
- Dave ShellenbergerDirector of Special Operations and Tactics
- Mollie SaltskogSenior Intelligence Analyst
- Alex SchulzAnalyst
- Jeffrey RingelConsultant
- Richard BarrettSenior Advisor
- Jason BlazakisSenior Advisor